Quick start guide
Learn the basics of how to use Keepthescore.com, what's possible and whether it's the right tool for you
Keepthescore.com is a browser-based scorekeeper. You do not need to install an app to use it. It is optimised for mobile devices and will work great on your phone or tablet. Of course, it works great on a desktop too.
Keepthescore.com does not connect to any external data sources. All the scorekeeping is done manually in the browser.
The idea of keepthescore is that you create a scoreboard or leaderboard (or one of other types of boards) and can then share it with others: either so that they can keep score too or so that they see results.
2 main board types
There are 2 main types of boards available on Keepthescore.com:
- Live Sports Scoreboards - These are used used to keep track of scores in a live sports match. They are also suitable for showing scores in a live-stream, using software such as OBS or Streamlabs.
- Leaderboards - These are used to keep track of scores over time for individuals or teams. They are suitable for keeping track of scores in a competition, or to keep track of scores in a classroom.
How do I get started?
Want to dive right in?
- Decide on the type of scoreboard or leaderboard that best fits your needs. Read more here.
- Create the board in your browser. You can do that here.
- Change the scores, edit players or teams and customize the appearance of the board via your browser.
Every board is a stand-alone webpage which you can share with others or integrate as a web-overlay in a live stream.
What can I use Keepthescore.com for?
Here is a list of scenarios where KeepTheScore has been useful:
- Classroom competitions
- Classroom leaderboards
- Live sports score-keeping
- Live soccer score-keeping
- Fundraising using leaderboards
- Fundraising using a goal / progress thermometer
- Running a Eurovision-themed contest
- Running a virtual competition
- Livestreaming using OBS
- Livestreaming using StreamLabs
- Trade shows
- Sales prospecting
- Sales competitions
- Running an algicosathlon
- Publishing race results online
- Time trials
- Creating a ranking system
- Playing cornhole
- Leaderboards for gamification
- Online tally counting
- Leaderboards for a hackathon
- Death counter for streamers
- Scorekeeper for Scrabble
- Creating a virtual queuing system for your customers