Quick start guide
Learn the basics of how to use Keepthescore.com, what's possible and whether it's the right tool for you
Keepthescore.com is a browser-based scorekeeper. You do not need to install an app to use it. It is optimised for mobile devices and will work great on your phone or tablet. Of course, it works great on a desktop too.
Keepthescore.com does not connect to any external data sources (yet). This means all scores are added manually in the browser.
The idea of Keepthescore.com is that you create a scoreboard or leaderboard (or one of other types of boards) and then share it with others (or display it in a public setting). However, you can also just use it for yourself, if you want!
2 main board types
There are 2 main types of boards available on Keepthescore.com:
- Live Sports Scoreboards - These are used to keep track of scores in a live sports match. They are suitable for showing scores in a live-stream, using streaming software such as OBS, vMix or StreamLabs.
- Leaderboards - These are used to keep track of scores over time for individuals or teams. They are suitable for keeping track of scores in a competition, or to keep track of scores in a classroom. Below is a 3-minute video giving you an idea of how the leaderboards work.
How do I get started?
Want to dive right in?
- Decide on the type of scoreboard or leaderboard that best fits your needs. Read more here.
- Create the board in your browser. You can do that here.
- Change the scores, edit players or teams and customize the appearance of the board via your browser.
What can I use Keepthescore.com for?
The software has a wide range of applications. See below for links to more detailed guides, how-tos and inspiration.
📚 Educational Applications
Academic Competitions: Ideal for running a virtual competition in an educational setting, fostering engagement and a healthy competitive spirit.
🏅 Sports and Games
👔 Business and Fundraising
Customer Management: Create a virtual queuing system for customer service efficiency.
Sales Gamification: Getting started with gamifcation for your sales team. Maybe your existing sales tools are too complex and slow. Are you looking for an alternative to Spinify or an alternative to SalesScreen?