Greetings, Eurovision enthusiasts! What if we told you that you could take your Eurovision experience to the next level by creating your very own scoreboard and hosting Eurovision-themed games or competitions? 🤩
In this post, we'll guide you through the process of setting up a custom scoreboard that you can share and use with your friends. Whether you're looking to host a Eurovision party, engage in friendly rivalry, or simply enjoy the competition from the comfort of your couch, our DIY scoreboard will add a fun, interactive twist to your Eurovision experience. One simple idea is that you create your own alternative voting system and let your friends vote on the winner.
So, grab your country flags and get ready to dive into a world of music and glitter! 🪄
Using an online tool
We are going to be using Keepthescore.com to create a scoreboard like the one shown above. Keepthescore is a free tool that allows you to create and share scoreboards, leaderboards, and widgets. It's easy to use, and you can create a scoreboard in just a few minutes. Your scoreboard will be a stand-alone webpage that you can share with your friends and family or embed on a website or blog.
The great thing is that your friends can vote on the scoreboard directly and everybody will automtically see the updated scores.
How much does it cost?
The basic functionality is free and supported by ads. If you want to remove the ads, you can upgrade to a premium account for 12 USD per month.
How do I create the scoreboard?
The whole process takes less than 2 minutes.
- First, click on the above 👆 button and enter some basic data about your leaderboard. Click on NEXT to continue.
- On the next screen you can add the "players". This is where you enter the country names. To make it more authentic, you can add 🇩🇪🇸🇪🇺🇦 country flags before each name using your emoji keyboard.
- Click on "CREATE BOARD" and you will see your newly created leaderboard.
- The final step is to set a theme. Click on the SETTINGS button, go to the "Select a theme" dropdown and choose "Contest". That's it, you are done!
You can change the scores using the screen you are now on.
Letting your friends vote
Now that you have created your leaderboard, you can share it with your friends and let them vote on the winner. The best way is to give them "restricted access" to your leaderboard. This means they can change the scores, but cannot reset the scores, add or delete players, or change the theme.
Proceed as follows:
- Click on the orange "PUBLISH" button in the top left corner.
- Click on the "Share link with restricted editing rights"
- Copy the link to your clipboard and send it to your friends. They can now vote on the leaderboard!
Please give us feedback!
Do you have a question, feedback, or a feature request? Please comment below.