Tally counters (sometimes called click counters) are used to count things. The physical version is a small handheld device with a mechanical button that increments a count when pressed. They are used for simple counting tasks, such as keeping track of the number of attendees at an event or the number of items in a inventory.
There are certainly situations where a physical counter is the best option, however it is also possible to use online counters, which have a number of advantages.
Why use an online tally counter?
Online tally counters offer a number of advantages over traditional, physical tally counters. Here are a few of the key benefits:
- Convenience: One of the biggest advantages is their convenience. Because they can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, you can use them from anywhere, at any time. This makes them perfect for counting tasks that need to be tracked remotely or on the go.
- Collaboration and synchronization: unlike physical counters, multiple people can use the same counter and always have fully synched data.
- Multiple counts: most physical counters only allow one count, so if you are counting multiple things then you require two or more counters. Online counters do not have this issue, you can often create as many counters as you want.
- Customization: Many online tally counters offer customization options, such as the ability to apply themes, use custom names or to save and export the count data. This allows you to tailor the tool to your specific counting needs.
- Show and publish the results online. Some counter apps allow you to show the counts elsewhere, such as a website, or to make the current data available via a link. This makes sharing on social media easy too. You can also show the data on a display in an office, for instance.
- Accuracy: Online counters are more accurate than traditional tally counters, which can sometimes skip counts or become misaligned. Because the count is tracked digitally, there is no risk of mechanical error.
- Cost-effective: Online tally counters are often much more cost-effective than traditional tally counters. Because they are digital tools, there is no need to purchase physical devices or replace them when they break. This can save you a significant amount of money in the long run.
What can I use an online tally counter for?
Here are some situations where an online tally counter would be useful:
- Counting people at an event
- Tracking sales calls
- Counting foot traffic in a retail store
- Counting scores for a board or card game
Keepthescore.com is one of the leading solutions for creating online counters. It has all of the advantages listed above and is especially suited for multi-person use. Your counts are stored safely in the cloud and the data is always automatically synchronized.
Keepthescore makes it dead simple to share your counters via a link or to integrate them on your website. There are also lots of customization options.
You can literally be up and running in under 30 seconds, no registration nor payment required. If you don't believe us, give it a try here:
Please give us feedback!
Do you have a question, feedback, or a feature request?
Great! We answer every message within 1 working day (sometimes on the weekend too). You can reach us in the following ways: